Monday, August 27, 2007

Blogging for CARE

Considering the content of my last post it would be a bit hypocritical of me if I didn't write a post about a great organization...

There are so many to choose from but I take my hat off to Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE). If you ever received a "CARE package" from friends or family while you were away from home you have this organization to thank for it!

CARE was founded in 1945 and today has projects ongoing in more than 60 countries fighting against global poverty.

What makes CARE better than the rest? Not only do they offer immediate emergency relief for the poorest communities in the world, but they go a step further to stay as long as needed to offer the tools and training necessary for lasting solutions and economic opportunities to ensure positive change can be sustained indefinitely.

For those of you who appreciate innovative efforts on the web I think CARE is leading the way as well with the Power Circle.

The slogan says it all, "She has the power to change the world. You have the power to help her do it."

Today I chose to use whatever blogging power I have to help CARE. Donate to CARE today!

No comments: