Monday, August 27, 2007

Blog for Charity...Because They Can't Do Everything

The blogosphere is rich with posts about “why you should blog” but I am not offering a savvy list of the “top 3” reasons why you should join in.

Instead, I offer you one simple reason…I think you should do it for Charity.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was the facilitator on blogging at the New York Nonprofit DMA where we discussed the “Why’s” and “How’s” of blogging.
Everyone thought blogging had great potential for their organization but almost everybody agreed that there organizations didn’t have the resources to do it themselves.

Why leave the legwork of blogging to a nonprofit already short on resources when they have well versed blogging supporters like you who could do it for them. Don't you want them putting their time and money to work solving the world's problems anyway!

My suggestion, write a post about your favorite charity and why you support them. If I am reading your blog it means I respect your opinion…if your post is compelling I may join you.

If 100 million bloggers wrote just one post about why you should support their favorite charity what could happened?

If you need motivation or ideas on how to do this well check out Beth’s Blog and write your post today!

No comments: